Memphis, the city near Mississippi river in Tennessee is a popular tourist destination and is known for its varied attractions. It is well known for its cultural sites, historical remnants and varied artistic influence. It has set its foot well in the spectra of entertainment by becoming a music scenario of renowned artists.
Tourists from all over the world love to visit the city often to enjoy its various multi-cultural musical scenes and to taste the local culinary offers like the world popular Memphis barbeque. If you are first time visitor to the great musical city, it will be helpful to follow guidelines to wade off any travelling difficulties.
Here are few tips to help you enjoy special moments in Memphis:
- Avoid visiting the wonderful place in summer time. As it will be extremely hot and humid. Spring and winter seasons are best to visit as it is the festive season and you can enjoy live concert of popular singers. You can even relish barbeque dishes in the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest.
- Visit museums treasuring legacy musical saga of famous musicians like Elvis, B.B. King and Jerry Lee Lewis. You can visit Sun Studio by walking through Beale street road. In some tourist places parking fee is high, thus it is best to visit by local transport.
- Traveling around the city hiring cab will be beneficial. It will save your time and cost effective mode to visit every corner of the city. To visit tourist spots outside the city you can catch hourly buses or go along with tour guides.
- The cuisine of Memphis is well known all over the world. Barbeque dishes you can find in any street corner. Salad and vegetable dishes present good combo with the barbeque platter. Thus, at reasonable price you can enjoy best grilled dishes talked all over the world.
- It will be helpful to visit all the places in the morning hours as in the day, there will be long queue and every tourist spot is crowded. You can book tickets earlier to avoid queue. Even if you are planning to visit the exciting market places like the Beale Street go there before noon to move freely.
- While booking tickets to visit the city known form online sites about the upcoming local events of the place. To enjoy musical events or popular games, you need to book your tickets beforehand to avoid crowd. In some places, like Graceland you need to buy premium tickets to view all the items in display.
While visiting Memphis, make sure to know about the timings of visiting the places. It will be helpful to check the weather report before leaving for Memphis as you can pack things needed to protect from weather. There is plenty to view and enjoy in Memphis. Thus, it will be handy to view the best ones before trying to visit the other less importance place. Just remember that planning plays an important role in enjoying any new place to visit. Hence, plan well with the tips provided by the previous visitors of Memphis, the most enjoyable place in Tennessee.